Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, rated A+ (“Superior”) by the leading independent rating organization for the industry, is growing rapidly and has operations throughout the US. Corporate Headquarters located in Wilkes-Barre, PA, GUARD offers a variety of coverages backed by the unrivaled security of a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
We are looking for a qualified Payroll Coordinator to process and manage the company’s payroll. You will be part of the Human Resources team and undertake a variety of tasks such as entering payroll information, calculating bonuses and wages, maintaining compensation and tax laws for a multi-state organization, and making payments.
An excellent payroll coordinator has great understanding of the concept of confidentiality. You will be experienced in entering data with attention to detail and will have excellent math skills to make the necessary calculations. The ideal candidate will be very thorough, have excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, and a willingness to be involved in other aspects of Human Resources.
The primary goal is to carry out all payroll procedures with speed and accuracy.
Manage compensation packages using payroll software (familiarity with Oracle and/or ADP preferred)
• Collect and verify timekeeping information for all employees
• Calculate pay according to hours worked incorporating leaves and overtime for multiple states
• Calculate bonuses and commissions when appropriate
• Manage and calculate taxes, deductions, and wage garnishments
• Update electronic payroll records by entering adjustments on pay rates, employee status changes etc.
• Calculate unemployment and severance payments
• Deal with complaints and questions regarding payroll from employees and upper management
• Investigate and resolve any discrepancies in payroll
• Prepare and submit reports with payroll information to our financial team
• Participate in both exempt and nonexempt salary surveys to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved
• Proven experience as payroll coordinator
• Familiarity with general accounting principles across multiple states
• Experience in data collection, entry, and reporting wit great attention to detail and confidentiality
• Solid knowledge of relevant legislation, policies, and regulations
• Computer savvy with working knowledge of related software (e.g., Oracle)
• Exquisite math and numerical skills
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills
• Excellent communication abilities with aptitude in problem-solving
• High school diploma or equivalent; BS/BA in accounting/business administration is a plus
At Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, we take great pride in bringing out the best in our employees guiding them along a career track of professional development and success!
Backed by our ultimate parent, Berkshire Hathaway Inc, we are aggressively expanding and enhancing our commercial lines products offerings with the goal of being the premier name for business insurance which creates opportunities for our staff!
Some Highlights of our Benefits are: